Over the past several weeks, we’ve gone through an auditing and scrubbing process, aggregating and filtering alumni lists and information from the Penn State Alumni Association as well as our records in Penn State’s listserv system. At this point, we now have the most up to date list possible with what data we’ve been able to gather.
Here’s some of the statistics:
- 65% of our alumni have a record with the Penn State Alumni Association
- 64% of our alumni have a valid mailing address
- 57% of our alumni have a valid email address
My goal over the next year will be to increase these percentages, especially for email addresses. In addition, I’d like to also make sure that this data is not only complete, but also correct. Of course, this is a voluntary basis, so only those who wish to be in our records will be there. Here’s what we’re going to do to make sure that this happens
1. I have created an online form that all alumni can reach out to in case of any change. The website address is: goo.gl/uZy0L . I will begin to market this form so everyone knows it’s out there for them at any time.
2. We will also be looking to identify “class captains” that can help us reach out to all of you in the right ways. It’s much easier for each class to keep each other informed amongst a group of 15, as opposed to a group of 700+. If you are interested in becoming a class captain, please reach out to Caitlin Zankowski at firstname.lastname@example.org
3. Finally, we’re also making strides in social media as well. We have a secret group in Facebook, as well as a private group in LinkedIn. To join our facebook group, please contact Trevor Tom at email@example.com. To join our linkedIn group, go to this link and request to join: http://www.linkedin.com/groups?gid=132423&trk=hb_side_g.
Overall, I’m looking to find opportunities to better serve our alumni. I’d like to be able to leverage social media (Facebook and LinkedIn) to more dynamically connect our alumni in ways that emails cannot accomplish. I’d also like to make sure that when we do send out a communication via email, that it reaches all of our alumni that wish to be in the loop. The first step in all of this is to ensure that our communication channels are complete and correct – I appreciate all your engagement in this as we move forward.